The Awards Committee of the Long Island Association of Special Education Administrators has established these awards to recognize students who, have successfully moved from a more restrictive special education setting to a less restrictive setting and will meet the requirements for completion and will exit the district in June of 2021 and have been receiving special education services for the past four years. These are awarded to students from Nassau and Suffolk County.
Nomination information contact: email@example.com.
Coming Soon Submission Date
We are seeking nominations from our membership for the above. We ask that you review the criteria and fully complete a nomination form on the back of this letter, for a student to be considered.
Any incomplete or handwritten nomination form will not be considered. Please keep your entry limited to the space provided on this nomination form. Student selected will be invited to our annual awards luncheon at the Crest Hollow Country Club, Woodbury, at which time a presentation ceremony will take place.
This year our luncheon will be on Friday, June 4, 2021. School personnel are encouraged to attend.
Nomination information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student is currently classified and receiving special education services
- Student will meet the requirements for completion and will exit the district in June of 2021.
- Student has been receiving special education services for at least the past 4 years
CONSIDERATION of applicants will be based on:
- Student’s progress from a more restrictive special education program to a least restrictive program during their school career
- Student’s character, attitude and citizenship
- Student’s participation in extra curricular activities (i.e. personal hobby, club, sport or school activity, community service, employment, etc.)
PROGRAM in which the applicant will be participating upon graduation shall be one of the following:
- College, Vocational program, Trade school, Military, Employment