The Awards Committee of the Long Island Association of Special Education Administrators has established this award to recognize students who have been in a special education program for 60% or more of the school day, qualified for the NYSAA, successfully met goals on his/her IEP, demonstrated good citizenship, involvement in extracurricular activities and community service and will meet the requirements for completion and will exit the district in June of 2020. These are awarded to students from Nassau and Suffolk County.
Nomination forms can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 22, 2020 Extended Submission Date
We are seeking nominations from our membership for the above. We ask that you review the criteria and fully complete a nomination form for a student to be considered.
The deadline for submission of nominations is April 13, 2020, Any incomplete or handwritten nomination form will not be considered. Please keep your entry limited to the space provided and answer all questions on this nomination form.
Student selected will be invited to our annual awards luncheon at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury at which time a presentation ceremony will take place.
This year our luncheon will be on Friday, June 5, 2020. School personnel are encouraged to attend.
Nomination forms can be emailed to: email@example.com
The criteria for nominations are:
- Student must have been in a special program for 60% or more of the school day for significant portions of his/her educational career and will meet the requirements for completion and will exit the district in June of 2020.
- Student must have qualified for the NYSAA
- Student must have successfully met goals on his/her IEP
- Student must have demonstrated good citizenship
- Student should have demonstrated involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Student should have demonstrated evidence of community involvement
- Student’s future plans and transition should demonstrate they are deserving of this award
- Student must be exiting the District in June of 2020
- Completed Nomination Form, page 2 and 3 (only completed forms will be considered)