The Jodi Shapiro Memorial Scholarship Awards are designed to encourage and support outstanding students who exhibit extraordinary abilities beyond the classroom, in sports, arts, community service and extracurricular activities beyond the classroom.
The Awards have been established to recognize students who have been in a special education program for 60% or more of the school day, qualified for the NYSAA, successfully met goals on his/her IEP and will meet the requirements for completion and will exit the district this year. These are awarded to students from Nassau and Suffolk County.
We are seeking nominations from our membership for the above. We ask that you review the criteria and fully complete a nomination form for a student to be considered.
Nomination Information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Deadline: April 3rd, 2023
Any incomplete or handwritten nomination form will not be considered. Please keep your entry limited to the space provided on this nomination form. The student selected will be invited to our annual awards luncheon venue to be announced, at which time a presentation ceremony will take place. This year our ceremony will be on Friday, June 2, 2023, at the Crest Hollow Country Club, Woodbury, NY. School personnel are encouraged to attend.
- Student must have been in a special program for 60% or more of the school day for significant portions of his/her educational career and will meet the requirements for completion and will exit the district in June of 2023
- Student must have qualified for the NYSAA
- Student must have successfully met goals on his/her IEP
- Students must exhibit abilities in sports or the arts, or community service
- Student should have demonstrated evidence of community involvement beyond the classroom
- Student’s future plans and transition should demonstrate they are deserving of this award
- Student must be exiting the District in June of 2023
- Completed Nomination Form (only completed forms will be considered)
- District must be a current member of LIASEA